Hello, I’m J.D. Magers, and I’d like to welcome you to my little slice of the internet. This site was started back in 2012 as a means of showing my best photographic work to you.
I have always had an interest in photography, but never could justify spending the money on a DSLR. That all changed in 2006 during a family trip to Thailand, where my father-in-law sold me his Canon D350 for the low, low price of $150.00. Not knowing what I was doing, I charged forward making snapshots of Bangkok and the Thai countryside. After we got home and I was able to see them on the computer for the first time, I found that all my images were blue because the white balance on the camera had been set to tungsten. I knew if I was going to make awesome photographs, I needed to learn what I was doing.
I did get hooked though. Fast forward 10 years, and I am still shooting. And still learning. I use a variety of post-processing techniques to get the very most out of my photographs. Photography is my passion, and it is my mission to show you how you can get the most out of your photographs as well. We all make mistakes as we learn, but it’s my hope that maybe I can help you not make as many.
Some personal stuff about me:
- I still shoot Canon.
- I grew up in Western Colorado, which means I spent a lot of my youth in Eastern Utah.
- Lake Powell and Glen Canyon are Heaven on Earth.
- I do have a day job, having 15+ year’s experience in the Biotechnology Industry.
- I am a baseball fan, and my loyalty will always and forever be tied to the Colorado Rockies. Through thick and thin, till death do us part.
- Speaking of vows, I am happily married to my beautiful wife. She’s my best friend ever. We have two amazing kids.
- We live in Denver, Colorado.
- We also have a dog that sleeps a lot.
I am a huge fan of feedback. Please feel free to leave a comment (good or bad) on any blog post, picture, or on the Contact Page. I promise to respond to you in some way. Until we talk again, thank you for taking the time to look at my photographs.